Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back From PDC [and into work :| ]

Sorry for the lack of blogs from PDC. Last week has been a crazy sort of a week for me at PDC'05. Crazy but in good way though.

So many cool things to see/learn but yet so little time. I managed to squeeze as much out it as humanly possible on 5-6 hours sleep each night. Don't ask how, but let just say that Starbucks made a tidy profit from me.

Saw lots of new cool technologies...
  • Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF) -> Creating workflows in your custom app. Very cool and exciting :)
  • "Sparkle" --> Part of the MS Expressions family.

and many many more...

I will start blogging on some of the cool new technologies that I've seen at PDC'05, once I've had a go at them and investigated them further. Which can only mean one thing, more late nights for me. I don't know about you, but trying new bits has always been one of my favourite past time. Call me a geek, but that what makes me tick. ;)


Personally, I see tremendous opportunities in the WWF. It will change the way we think when building custom solutions.

In most cases, the business logic is hard-coded as a series of if..else statements, procedures calls and database lookups. Hopefully with WWF, we can start being more productive when building workflow solutions in our custom apps.


Some links to get you started:
  1. Main Page on MSDN: Link
  2. Dave Green's Blog [he's one of the architect on the WWF team]: Link
  3. Introductory article on MSDN: Link
  4. Paul Andrew's Blog [the technical product manager]: Link


Tags:

No comments: